50 Most Common Interview Questions (according to glassdoor)
Tips And Advice
Below are the 50 most common interview questions according to Glassdoor.
We've listed the top 50 standalone questions for you to take a look at.
Make sure you link to the full article for insight and advice on how to answer each question to make you stand out to the interviewer & hiring manager.
Basic Interview Questions
- Why do you want to leave your current company?
- Why are you looking for a new job?
- How did you hear about this position?
- Why should we hire you?
- What can you offer us that someone else can not?
- How do you handle pressure?
- What are your salary requirements?
- What questions haven’t I asked you?
- What questions do you have for me?
Background & Experience Questions
- Discuss your CV.
- Discuss your educational background.
- Describe yourself.
- Why was there a gap in your employment between [insert date] and [insert date]?
Getting Started Questions
- What would you look to accomplish in the first 30 days/60 days/90 days on the job?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Are you willing to travel?
- What’s your availability?
Strengths and Weaknesses Questions
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What was your biggest failure?
- What are three things your former manager would like you to improve on?
- If I called your boss right now and asked them what is an area that you could improve on, what would they say?
- What were your bosses’ strengths/weaknesses?
Career Development Questions
- Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten years?
- What is your dream job?
- What are your career goals?
- Who’s your mentor?
Company Fit Questions
- What motivates you?
- What gets you up in the morning?
- Would you work holidays/weekends?
- Would you work 40+ hours a week?
- What are your co-worker pet peeves?
- What makes you uncomfortable?
- What do you like the most and least about working in this industry?
- Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
- Tell me how you handled a difficult situation.
- Give a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a project.
- Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss.
- How would you deal with an angry or irate customer?
- Why are you interested in working for [insert company name here]?
- What is the name of our CEO?
- Who are our competitors?
Hobbies and Interests Questions
- What are your hobbies?
- What was the last book you read for fun?
- What is your favorite website?
- What would your direct reports say about you?
- Are you a leader or a follower?
- What are some of your leadership experiences?
- How would you fire someone?
Full article by Glassdoor - 50 Most Common Interview Questions & How to Answer
Image - Glassdoor