Head of Digital Product & UX
Technology and Apps
Permanent, £70k - £80k
This is a pivotal role in a well-funded, profitable and high-growth challenger bank. Working with the Marketing and Product Director, the right candidate will be adept at leading and managing teams that create simple, beautiful and innovative customer journeys for complex products on iOS, Android and web. They will be familiar with working in unstructured start up environments and possess a demonstrable ability to operate in a high-growth, large scale operation. They will also have deep and broad experience ranging from strategy to technical architecture and from superb back log prioritisation to board room presentation skills.
- Responsible for the end to end product lifecycle from working with the Product & Marketing Director on overall product strategy and roadmap, through to customer development discovery techniques and delivering that product in code through an agile development process
- Cross-functional working with stakeholders, designers and developers to create compelling and competitive product features that align with company's overall mission to help consumers save money
- Deeply understand the needs of customers through qualitative and quantitative user research and testing; define and frame those needs for the teams; translate these into product definitions and prioritised backlogs
- Create high quality user stories and acceptance criteria, A/B test, prototype, and define product rollout
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally. Demonstrate the latest iteration of the product, key results, and customer feedback to the business and senior stakeholders
- Define, monitor and analyse key product metrics for existing and upcoming features, feeding learnings back into the product development process
- Ensure that the app meets regulatory requirements and delivers against the company’s stated customer outcomes
- The successful candidate will possess the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Several years product management experience in mobile B2C environment
- Previous high-growth start-up experience
- Experience of launching multiple successful products and features, across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, web)
- A customer obsessive, who understands and values the role of UX and design in product success
- Excellent communication skills and ability to gather feedback from stakeholders and communicate effectively with technical team
- Ability to effectively prioritise an ever-changing backlog by balancing and championing both business, customer and technology needs
- Confidence to make clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions
- Has an understanding of the technical architecture of complex mobile and web-applications
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills, deriving insights and driving actions from data and metrics
- Working knowledge of tools such as Jira, Mixpanel, GA, etc
Qualities we are looking for:
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on.
- Leader who can grow, motivate and manage a world-class product team.
- Very sound judgment and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking.
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working.
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive.
- A collaborative working style.
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery.
- A passion for championing the customer.
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations.
- High levels of personal and professional integrity.
Posted on 11th September 2018